Audit Manager, Risk Assurance, DC (client will be top ten defense contractor) 100K+ base
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. You can expect to work with high level client personnel to address compliance, financial, and operational risks as well as perform internal control testing, develop internal audit plans, and provide internal audit services on an outsourcing basis.
Quote from Partner:
""This is real internal audit work and it extends well beyond finance. When you work as part of this internal audit team, for (our top ten defense contractor client) ... you have the opportunity to touch so many different areas of the business. The variety associated with the job is incomparable. The opportunity to develop your business acumen and develop your broader business skills and broader business knowledge is also incomparable."
(SEE LINK TO CALENDAR BELOW)
You get exposure to engineering, to manufacturing, to logistics … really all areas of operations. To supply chain, to procurement, to resource planning, to all kinds of different areas of compliance. You get to visit certainly a lot of different parts of the country and in some cases, different parts on the world. (Travel is around 30% to 40% overnight but it’s very predictable. You will know where you will be up to one year ahead of time.)
This does not describe the typical internal audit. It's obviously not for everybody. Some people are just only comfortable in sort of, general financial control type reviews and SOX related reviews and things like that. And I understand that, and we need those kinds of people in the world, but that would not be the ideal candidate for us. The ideal candidate for us is someone who gets energized by the kind of variety and exposure to business areas and business issues that this job offers.
Skills and attributes for success
• Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues.
• Brief the engagement team on the client's IA environment and trends.
• Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of compliance, financial, and operational risks along with performing internal control testing, develop internal audit plans, and provide internal audit services on an outsourcing basis. Assess internal controls and SOX framework in order to mitigate risk.
• Bring and utilize extensive knowledge of the client's business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client's business. Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
• Understand client and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's or master's degree
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working as an IA auditor or IA risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
• Bring your significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) assessing internal controls frameworks, including testing of design and operational effectiveness. (b) developing risk remediation strategies. (c) performing and interpreting gap analysis (d) experience in Enterprise Resource Management and related risk analysis, process analytics, and business intelligence.
• We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of their assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region (where public transportation often is not available). Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required.